Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

First Time with the Bees


Mohan Sookdeo has been an active and enthusiastic member of the bee committee since we first started our work in 2009. A couple of weeks ago, he got his first opportunity to don one of the white suits and come out to the hives to help Nigama. I asked him to write a few words about his impressions and he kindly agreed.

My First Time with the Bees

We approached the bees very carefully and not with a lot sound. When we got closer, I could hear them buzzing. As I was standing there, many of them came by my face net and were bouncing at me. Maybe to ask me what I was doing there. I knew I had to stay calm otherwise they would have gotten more mad at me. Anyway, they saw that I was not doing anything to harm them and they left me alone.

It is very interesting to look at the bees and learn from them.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rajeswari, when do I get a chance to check out the hive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time you like Keval! Just come to Nigama or myself and we'll pick a Saturday to get you suited up :) So happy you are interested. Are you thinking about coming to our Bee Workshop? http://amritabees.blogspot.com/p/bee-workshop-coming-up.html

    ReplyDelete